cbd: a quick
CBD doesn’t get you high
CBD is a byproduct of the hemp plant and different than THC – the compound that makes you high.
Not all CBD Oil is created equally
CBD is the wild, wild west at the moment – it’s important to find a brand that is reputable and offers a quality product:
- Origin is clearly depicted
- Batch information is easily accessible
CBD is a natural remedy for many ailments
CBD is commonly used to address anxiety, and for patients who suffer through the misery of insomnia, studies suggest that CBD may help with both falling asleep and staying asleep.
CBD is beneficial for pets
Although not as heavily researched as effects on humans, early research indicates improvements for pain and mobility in dogs and cats (sources: Healthline and Veterinary News, respectively).
what exactly is cbd?
CBD is the common abbreviation for cannabidiol. This is a naturally occurring compound (a cannabinoid) found in its highest concentrations within the hemp plant. It does NOT adversely affect mental processes. In therapeutic doses, CBD does NOT cause adverse side effects. In fact, CBD neutralizes side effects from other cannabinoids like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). In those who use marijuana, CBD has shown efficiency in reducing paranoia and anxiety. (Whole Plant 101) cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over 100 known cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It is a large, oil-based molecule that is currently under study for therapeutic benefits.
Since the federal legalization of hemp in 2014, people have been using CBD and have found it helps with things like pain, anxiety, digestive issues, neurological problems, and even genetic disorders. Although CBD is not approved by the FDA, the anecdotal evidence individuals have shared is overwhelming. The CBD used in our products comes from hemp and is 100% legal in all states.
cbd & the body
It all starts with our body’s natural endocannabinoid system. It is the system that overlays and coexists with all of our other working systems (i.e., digestive, reproductive, nervous, circulatory, endocrine, immune, muscular, renal, cardiovascular, even skin) that creates a balancing effect for these systems to work effectively. When we don’t feed this system properly our bodies become distressed; showcasing in the form of pain, anxiety, depression, and tough-to-treat diseases. If a person is using the correct oil, it will not just ease symptoms, but will literally repair the root cause on a cellular level.
step 2It’s then processed into oil.
- CO2 (solvent-less) extraction method is used for our tinctures. This allows the oil to be more palatable and not have a bitter, planty taste.
- Ethanol extract is used for topicals, capsules, and pet products.
step 3The extract is then formulated into products like tinctures, lotions, salves, capsules, cosmetics, and more.
- Growing the Hemp Plant
- The Process starts with well nurtured hemp plants in Colorado. These are grown for creating our whole plant hemp products is extracting cannabinoids, terpenes and other beneficial products from the plant. By collecting all of components from the hemp plant, our products contain all of the advantages from this miraculous plant.
- After the initial extraction, our hemp oil is mixed into a carrier
- We use smooth coconut oil for all of our tinctures. Each specific terpene blend is carefully selected for its therapeutic properties and to produce the desired effect; improve sleep, muscle recovery, anxiety relief, etc.
- Third Party Testing
- To ensure the highest quality and consistency for our products, we employ third party testing. These tests show the specific cannabinoids, amount of each compound, as well as a breakdown of our terpene blends. Our goal is to ensure that every product is the same from order to order while achieving the best results possible. Clean, safe products are always our priority!